Los Angeles Speeding Accident Lawyer
At Personal Injury Legal Group, our Los Angeles speeding accident attorneys fight tirelessly to protect the rights of victims and families. We have what it takes to hold negligent motorists and large insurance companies accountable. Do not take on the legal claims process alone. Were you or your loved one hurt in a speeding crash? We are here to help. Contact our Los Angeles law office today for a free consultation with a top California auto accident attorney.
Speed is a Factor in One-Third of Catastrophic Car Accidents
Speeding is dangerous. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that speed is cited as a causal factor in nearly one-third of fatal motor vehicle collisions reported nationwide. Not only does speeding greatly increase the likelihood of an accident—largely because it reduces the driver’s reaction time—it also makes any resulting crash all the more likely to result in serious injuries. Speeding puts many other people at risk, including other motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
Understanding Liability for a Speeding Crash
California is a fault-based state. How does it work? The person responsible for causing the car accident—whether because of speeding or any other negligent behavior—is liable for the damages. In most cases, this means that at-fault driver’s insurance will cover the damages and injuries sustained by the other party involved in the accident.
Notably, multiple parties may share liability for a crash under California’s comparative negligence system. For example, imagine that one driver is found to be 80% at fault for speeding. However, the other driver is found 20% at fault for failure to signal. The driver who failed to signal would bear legal liability for 20% of his or her own damages.
How to Prove the Other Driver Was Speeding
To hold another party legally responsible for your accident, you must prove negligence. In a speed-related accident claim, you will be required to present evidence demonstrating that they were driving too fast for road conditions and that their negligent act (speeding) contributed to the crash. What evidence can be used to prove speeding in California? Here is an overview:
- Police Reports: A detailed police report can provide a credible account of the accident, including an estimation of the speeds of the vehicles involved.
- Eyewitness Testimony: Statements from other drivers, pedestrians, or any other witnesses can corroborate the claim that the other driver was speeding.
- Traffic Camera Footage: In many cases, traffic cameras capture accidents, providing clear evidence of speeding.
- Accident Reconstruction: In some cases, experts can analyze the accident scene, vehicle damage, and other forensic evidence to determine the speed of the vehicles.
- Vehicle Damage Assessment: The extent and type of damage to the vehicles involved can offer insights into the speed at the time of the accident
We Help Speed Accident Victims in Los Angeles Recover Full and Fair Compensation
Hurt in a crash caused by a speeding driver in Los Angeles? It is imperative that you are able to secure the maximum available financial compensation, including for economic damages and non-economic losses. No matter the circumstances, defendants and insurers are focused on reducing their own liability. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys go above and beyond to help injured victims secure the maximum settlement or verdict, including for:
- Vehicle repairs or replacement;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills;
- Physical rehabilitative care;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability;
- Physical scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Los Angeles Speeding Accident Lawyer Can Help
Speeding accident claims are complicated. You cannot rely on any insurance company—even your own provider—to look out for your rights. At Personal Injury Legal Group, we always put the best interests of injured victims first. When you contact our Los Angeles, you will have an opportunity to consult with a California car accident attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and answer questions about your speed-related crash;
- Investigate the accident—gathering evidence to prove the other driver was speeding;
- Handle legal paperwork, correspondence with insurers, and settlements talks; and
- Develop a personalized strategy to help you secure the maximum compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Los Angeles Speeding Accident Attorney Today
At Personal Injury Legal Group, our Los Angeles speeding accident lawyers are experienced, reliable advocates for victims and families. Hurt in a speed-related crash? We are more than ready to help. Contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorney today to set up your free, no-obligation initial consultation. With a law office in Los Angeles, our firm handles speed-related accident cases throughout Southern California.